Pages

Monday, 28 May 2012

Embracing a More Positive Existence.

{appreciating your life to it's fullest potential}

 
Positive Points to live by.
~Everyday can be filled with great passion and happiness. Your dreams can be your reality.
You are the creator of your path. You must believe in not only what you desire, but most importantly, you must believe in yourself.

  • We must embrace those who enhance our passions, and learn to release those who deter us from our ambitions.
 Always believe in your ideas and never let 'failure' deter you. - All that comes into our lives is placed there for us to learn what it has to offer, and everything happens to teach us something. We may not be able to recognize the lesson immediately, maybe we will see the point 5 years later, one way or another, it all opens new doors of opportunity.

I read this fantastic article called “The Ten Habits of Passionate People”
{http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/the-ten-habits-of-passionate-people/}
The article states how Edison failed 1,000 times before creating the light bulb, how Walt Disney was rejected 303 times before a bank finally gave him the funding to construct Disney Land, how it wasn’t until the 1010th restaurant, Colonel Sanders’ recipe was finally given a chance! The list goes on and on, and it inspired me to keep active at my goals, and to practice my passion daily.


If you find yourself in an upsetting situation, I believe it is a good practice to stop, breath, take a moment, and ask ourselves weather or not this particular issue will matter in a week, let alone later today. This giving us the ability to embrace the positive, calm side of life. It's important to remember that everything happens to us for a reason. And like it or not, we attract what happens to us in our lives, with our thoughts. Try to be aware of your thoughts, and think only of what makes you most happy, what you want the most. Never of what you feel you may be lacking. (This will only attract more of the lack in our lives) Do you ever wonder why the term 'to jinx' something always seems to hold true? Because you are calling attention to something that you don't want to happen, and then wondering why it does. Take with you the lessons given, and use them to grow and progress.
  • Appreciating and showing thanks and gratitude for all that we have.
For a personal example, we have an old rickety house, 113 years old to be exact. It's not exactly the most sturdy on the block, and absolutely not the best looker, and believe me; there are times when I am close to my wits end with it, but then I remember how much I truly do love it. All of it’s quirks and “beauty marks”, the uneven plaster walls, creaky floor boards and all. I love the space I have to create, I love the space my family and I can either spend together, or all in completely different quarters. I love the spacious backyard, even without a fence or privacy, I love the freedom. I will miss it when it’s gone. The landlord plans to tear it down and eventually build a complex out the back. We have no idea when to expect the call, and this was a hindering fact for me when it came to fixing or completing any tasks at full; until I realized - This is OUR home, and it is what we have in the now. We need to make the most of it and love every second of it because who knows where we will be next. We could look back and remember how much we loved that quirky old house. I myself have been dealt the hand of homelessness in the past & for this, I am always so appreciative of what I do have.  

Showing gratitude and love towards everything in your life paves the way for more love and abundance to enter. With this in mind, and using it in a daily practise, you will notice that when you fully love & accept something as it is, the next door of opportunity will open for you to walk through.


The first mistake someone can make is to 'keep waiting' for the right time. The time is now. Live in the moment! Don't say, "ah, as soon as I have my dream house, I'll be able to do this." or, "If only I had this now, then I could do this." Make your dream your reality.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A little about the Law of Attraction. 
I am very aware of how easy it can be to slip into a negative whirlwind, sometimes being completely unaware that you are in fact looking at a situation in a negative manner. It takes energy and effort to consciously know the difference, and to recognize the signs before it pulls you under.

I have researched a ton about the origins of the Law Of Attraction, and the power it possesses. I believe in it wholeheartedly, and am sure to try my hardest to embrace it in every aspect of life, and all of it's given situations.

When I started learning about the LOA I was surprised how similar it is to some of the spiritual religions, and walks of life. I was amazed to learn how many people throughout history followed this in their success, and how the world is more able to accept it, when it's titled as this.

Basically, what the LOA is, is knowing that your thoughts and actions manifest themselves. Attracting to you, what you think about most. So, if your worrying about something, and it happens, this doesn't necessarily mean you're psychic.. it means you've attracted it to happen.

This is where it gets tricky, for example, thinking and hoping for no bills isn’t the positive side of things, because you are in fact still paying attention to the bills. You have to instead think, I am so thankful for the extra money, or to even envision yourself doing the things you would do if there were no bills to pay off, feel it with all of your heart, as if you already have it.

The main idea is: Ask, Believe, Receive.

Many very successful people in history are recorded as knowing this universal law.

The earliest recognizable idea was called 'New Thought', and was by Phineas Parkhurst Quimby, (1802–66), an American philosopher, healer, and inventor. He believed that illness originated in the mind.

If you haven't already heard of the documentary 'The Secret' I suggest checking it out. It is quite the inspiring film.
Sources & References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_attraction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Thought_Movement
http://phineasquimby.wwwhubs.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Phineas_Parkhurst_Quimby.jpg
http://thesecret.tv/
http://stress.about.com/od/optimismspirituality/a/attraction21807.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment